Prevention is always better than curing. With a solid maintenance and hygiene plan, you can keep your gums and teeth healthy.
Please come in for a general exam. The procedure is simple, quick, and painless. Our practice will be able to address all your general dental needs from fillings, root canal, regular teeth cleaning, and more.
On your first visit Dr. Espinoza will perform a comprehensive dental exam which includes:
- Digital X-rays: essential to detect decay, cysts, tumors, and bone loss.
- Gum evaluation: essential to detect signs of periodontal disease.
- Teeth evaluation: checking teeth for decay, examining current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings will be performed by our registered dental hygienist. Your cleaning appointment will include the following:
- Removal of tartar (calculus): Calculus is hardened plaque on the tooth which is firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth consisting of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produces toxins inflaming the gums which can start periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: After removal of tartar and plaque, your teeth will be polished to remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during brushing and scaling.